This chicken quinoa curry is a great alternative to ready meals or takeaway curries. It’s packed full of veggies, protein-rich quinoa and lean chicken, making it a super healthy meal. You can whip it up in one pot in around 30 minutes which means less washing up and more time to enjoy your evenings!
Quinoa has become pretty trendy recently, and rightfully so. It’s really filling and has a much more complex flavour than rice or other grains which makes it really versatile. I often eat it cold in salads but added to this dish it makes a great warming dinner.
This recipe makes a really mild, subtle flavoured chicken quinoa curry, but if you fancy something with a bit more of a kick feel free to up the chilli or add other spices.
- 200g uncooked quinoa, rinsed
- 1 tbsp oil
- 400g chicken breast
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 100g tenderstem brocolli, chopped into small pieces
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 100g sugarsnap peas
- 150ml chicken stock
- Add quinoa to a large (dry) pan and toast over a medium heat for about 5 minutes, stirring continuously. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Heat the oil in the pan then add the chicken. Cook for a few minutes until browned on the outside. Add the spices, salt and veg and stir for another 5 minutes.
- Add the quinoa and stock to the pan and mix well. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes, until all the stock has been absorbed.