It’s been a while, eh? Turns out I massively underestimated how hectic life would get in the run-up to Christmas and so my plans to post a load of Christmas themed recipes kinda went out the window. Oops! Have you all had a lovely Christmas? Mine was filled with cheeseboards, Baileys, family and old friends so basically, it was perfect.
Whilst Christmas may have passed, I’m still so not over my favourite winter pastime of adding cinnamon to every-single-thing. Nope, it’s still happening. But, since we’ve probably all massively over indulged lately I’m sticking with something slightly lighter than cinnamon rolls. I give you the greatest winter breakfast ever (err, bar the cinnamon apple baked oatmeal obvs): Cinnamon Maple Pecan Granola.
I have a bit of a never ending love affair with granola and since discovering how super easy it is to make at home I’ve been trying out a million different combinations. This cinnamon maple pecan granola is my current favourite but there’ll no doubt be others coming soon. Almost definitely involving chocolate and/or peanut butter. Yum!
- 225g oats
- 100g pecans
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 60ml coconut oil (or vegetable oil)
- 125ml maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 150°c. In a large bowl, mix oats, pecans and cinnamon together.
- If using coconut oil, gently melt together with the maple syrup.
- Add the syrup and oil to the dry ingredients and mix well. Spread out on a baking tray and bake for 40 minutes.
- Allow to cool then store in an airtight container for up to 4 weeks.