This, my friends, is the ultimate feel-good comfort food. Soft sweet potato, smoky haddock and an oozy egg for extra indulgence.
This smoked haddock sweet potato hash ticks all the boxes: packed full of veg + protein to fuel your body, light yet filling and – most importantly – delicious!
We absolutely devoured it (seriously, it was gone in about 5 minutes!) for dinner a few days ago, but it would make a great breakfast too. Plus, there’s something great about getting some veggies in before you’ve even started your day. Hellooo feeling like a smug health goddess all day 😉
If you feel like kicking things up a notch, try adding some crumbled feta or even some hot sauce for a spicy twist!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion
- 300g sweet potato, grated
- 10 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 200g smoked haddock, diced
- 2 eggs
- Heat oil in an ovenproof frying pan. Add garlic and onion and fry until soft.
- Add sweet potato and fry for a few minutes until softened.
- Add cherry tomatoes and haddock and cook, stirring occasionally, until fish is cooked through, about 5 minutes. Season to taste.
- Crack the eggs into the pan and place under the grill until the whites are cooked, about 3 minutes. Remove from the grill and serve.